View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 01:56pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
As was pointed out during a pre-game this week, the phrase that applies is "move to improve." If there the ball is opposite, but only two players are over there, slot should be able to handle that. Once post players start moving over, or screens are getting set for players moving ball side, then it's time to get moving.

One thing that messes folks up a bunch, though, is the reluctance to close down when the ball goes opposite. I find that if I do that it makes the decision to move much easier because there's less distance to go. It also makes it easier to adjust to the quick skip back in the corner.

I've also noticed the D1 fellows rotating a bunch more than at the HS level. Our area/state emphasizes moving to improve angles, though, so it feels comfortable to me to rotate less.
If the ball is on C's side, I would rather rotate over so I am in position to see the post players as they come cross the key rather than wait for them to go and then follow them over there...and to say that your state emphasizes moving to get better angles so you are comfortable rotating less seems like a contradiction to me for some reason...