View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 01:01pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
As was pointed out during a pre-game this week, the phrase that applies is "move to improve." If there the ball is opposite, but only two players are over there, slot should be able to handle that. Once post players start moving over, or screens are getting set for players moving ball side, then it's time to get moving.
Usually, he could handle that better as a trail, though -- taking a step towards the division line. I'm not abandoning the other players - I'm watching them as I'm rotating over. If the ball's in the C's primary so he's on ball long enough for me to come across, I am going to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
One thing that messes folks up a bunch, though, is the reluctance to close down when the ball goes opposite. I find that if I do that it makes the decision to move much easier because there's less distance to go. It also makes it easier to adjust to the quick skip back in the corner.

I've also noticed the D1 fellows rotating a bunch more than at the HS level. Our area/state emphasizes moving to improve angles, though, so it feels comfortable to me to rotate less.
I think there's a valid reason the D1 officials do it more.