View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 10:00am
TODO: creative title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
8 fouls from one official - somewhat even - I can live with that.
Had a Varsity game on Tuesday night... I called the first foul, my partner called the next 6 fouls. It's not that we weren't on the same page in regards to illegal contact.. we were. It's just that all of the illegal contact happened to be in his primary for about an 8-minute span.

Quote:
NO fouls from the other official - not even when a player was pushed with 2 hands in the back during a layup attempt, faceplanting right in front of the official.
Same official insisted during the entire first half that our team throw her the ball after the other team made a basket - and since they didn't switch during the first half, this means EVERY basket. Allowing the other team to set up their press, which our coach is too incompetent to teach the team how to get out of. Other official must have said something to her at halftime, as she didn't do this in the 2nd half.
Same official completely ignored backcourt violations twice. Blatant ones.
Same official, when trail, stood planted at the corner of the halfcourt and sideline - no matter what.
Is it possible that this official was brand-new to officiating, and therefore stuck in the "call nothing" phase? I was that way myself when I first started out. Yes, it sucks for your team, but we (officials) all had to start somewhere.

No excuse for a team playing with 6 players though.