View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 07, 2013, 11:33pm
Chain of Fools

[QUOTE=Brad;870779]We have a great video system for the college conferences and high school chapters that use our scheduling and chapter management software. You can upload plays, do "You Make the Call" surveys, and have officials and coaches upload plays as well.

Everything works directly viewable on mobile as well as within your browser, or you can download the video for offline viewing.

Would love to hear from anyone about what features you would be looking for in regards to video for officials.

The one common denominator that I have noticed with these sports video programs is that they are geared towards the players and coaches ... officials are then added on as an after thought. So, they don't really do things the way we want them too.

Any feedback, thoughts, questions, comments, etc. are welcome — post here in this thread and/or email me directly at [email protected]

Here's the problem Brad. We will be the afterthought, unless a state organization forces the schools to cooperate. The system I would envision would be a central repository of video where that team, their opponents, and the officials who worked that game had access to that particular game. Telestration and bookmarking would be key assets to the program.
Server space and security would be the main issues but I'm sure can be worked out.

Coaches are a paranoid lot and don't want their game video in the hands of others. Unfortunately for them, modern technology has made that attitude obsolete. Anyone could sit in the upper seats of the stands and film a game with a relatively inexpensive camera. They can then take that video and distribute via any number of methods, including YouTube. You would have to get the older ones out of that mindset.

Your issue will be overcoming already established programs for video exchange and scheduling. While merging them into one powerful set of software would be cool, getting schools to want to change with the only selling point being that the officials can have access too will not work. They could care less.

-