View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 02, 2013, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonMoore View Post
Again, some of you are more concerned about me and my intentions without regard to the CONTENT of the letter. My affiliation or intent is not the issue here. Supportive of the officials you suggest? Misapplication of rules by three FF officials is UNACCEPTABLE! How can you be supportive of that?

Instead of coming at me, I have yet to read one response that justifies their actions. Where's the accountability? You never know if this ONE game costs Uconn its place in the BE tourney or selection committee seeding...one never knows the IMPACT of our mistakes as officials.

Yes I beleive some work too much; how can they concentrate and maintain their intensity night in and night out? It is too hard.

It was not a simple error...as in judgement. It was a MISSED APPLIED RULE by 3 guys who are supposed to be the best. Karl Hess can't tell me anything at a future camp since he can't even line players up correctly and doesn't know the third article of rule 5. Has he even read the rule book? But hey, ALL of them are equally at fault. It was a TRAVESTY...ask UConn if THEY feel that way.

Regarding death sentence: most everyone on here does not use his/her real name because you really cannot say what you want without fear of retailiation in some form or fashion. Period.
1. The point that everybody is trying to make here is that mistakes are made. It happens every game. Some mistakes (such as this one) are very high profile, but they happen to all of us. Was this unfortunate? Yes. Was it the sole reason that UCONN lost the game? No. Should we all (including these three) know the rules better? Absolutely. You won't find anybody defending these three guys because what happened was indefensible and we all know it.

2. You're not getting the reaction that you want because despite to the fact that you infer that you might referee some level of basketball somewhere in the world and claim to be a long time reader of this forum, you're posting as a fanboy with your fanboy hat and your UCONN gear on. Your post reeks of fanboy-dom as others have pointed out and you're being treated like any other fanboy that starts posting this time of year.

3. This is not a place to come and cry about the officiating of any particular game. This is a place for objective rules discussion and there is currently another very good thread on the topic. This thread is your attempt to stir up a mob mentality lynching and you're (not surprisingly) getting anybody riled up. Go post on a fanboy site.

4. If you're writing a letter, I hope you're sending it to the Big East commissioner, not John Adams. As has been pointed out he has absolutely zero control over who works regular season games and has no ability to deal out the punishment to officials who do screw up (which is what you seem to so desperately seek).

TL;DR - go post on a fanboy site if you want a sympathetic ear.