View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 02, 2013, 08:35am
Official Forum Member

Nothing else to do or should do. Team should figure it out on their own. I've seen this play run a few times over the years, most successfully at the start of the 2nd half when home team has arrow and visitors are a bit late coming out of huddle and somewhat disoriented as this is not their home floor. I've been the administering official when home coach told me what they were going to do and that they knew which direction they were going, I guess hoping I would not over emphasize direction White was headed. I've also coached it before to limited success. I would not run it if my team had a comfortable lead and/or expected to continue that way or was a fairly local opponent and I wanted to stay friendly with their coach. At certain lower levels, I look at it as a bit of unsportsmanlike play, although I know of nothing in the rules saying as much. Funny thing, once it was all set up to work, only to have a fan or parent (of ours!) jump up and scream bloody murder that we were about to go the wrong way