View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 30, 2012, 08:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineac View Post
I hear kids use it all the time. Doesn't make it acceptable. All the more reason I wouldn't put up with a coach using it on them in a freshman game within easy earshot of me. It's not the NBA, or even the NCAA. It's supposed to be an extension of school. Like someone else said earlier, would you accept a teacher using this kind of language in the classroom? What makes it OK here?
Again you are missing the point about acceptability. I see officials allow all kinds of things I do not find acceptable to me, you do not see me getting upset with them when they handle situations a different way. There are other things illegal in the rules and I do not even see officials address or try to correct, but inappropriate language all of a sudden has to be the big bad rule we must enforce?

Again, a Technical foul does not solve everything. Some things can be addressed in another way and accomplish the same thing. This is sports, not social justice arena.

Actually NCAA players in my experience are usually better behaved than HS players. Those officials at that level do not do or say the things I see regularly at the HS level because those officials will quickly put them in their place. You think kids are getting the the faces of Teddy Valentine, Karl Hess or Jim Burr?

Peace