Thread: Long Switches
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 28, 2012, 07:39pm
Esteemed Forum Member

When In My Little Corner Of Connecticut, Switch On Every Foul ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Do what you need to do in your area, but please don't even suggest this is the "best" way to officiate. There are many ways to do this.
Agree. When in Rome, switch like the Romans. If the Romans switch on every foul, then switch on every foul. If, on the other hand, the Romans don't make any long switches, then, by all means, don't make any long switches.

Follow the mechanics guidelines described in your local manual, be it written, or oral. An official can never go wrong by following his local mechanics guidelines. Why not do it the proper, local, way? Really. Why not? Proper mechanics is a part of good officiating. Proper switching, that is, the proper, local way, to switch, is a part of good mechanics.

As usual, always listen to bob:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
No "long switches" here, and that's by the (our) book. If your book says to do it (and assuming you are expected to follow the book), then switch.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 08:05pm.