Thread: Flagrant T v. T
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 24, 2012, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Exactly. Rekent, you were not allowed to toss somebody?
We could toss on two techs, but had to adhere absolutely to the same-ref-doesn't-give-2-T's-to-same-player-and-toss mentality, no matter what (although many were too hesitant to ring a player up). There was no tossing on 1 unless it was a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Why not start with the definition? 2-19-4:

"... If [the flagrant foul is] technical, it
involves dead-ball contact or noncontact at any time which is extreme or
persistent, vulgar or abusive conduct."
That much I know, but I am wondering more about practical applications in the eyes of people with more years since it is so very subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I do understand the general question, but I am curious enough to ask further. Why wasn't it an option? Did you not know it was an option, or is there some sort of association rule that trumps the NFHS rules for you and says newer officials are not allowed to call a flagrant technical?
I began, and have been, in college intramural ball for the past 3 years at a school that did not allow flagrant T's outside of fights. I am at a new school beginning my 4th year, and they allow them, although offer no description or guidelines, and actually encourage them because they are cracking down on behavior like when the NBA first initiated their respect of the game initiative. I also plan to begin association ball in the fall of 2013 so I am wanting to make sure I fill in all the gaps that intramural ball had that association will not.

Last edited by rekent; Mon Dec 24, 2012 at 04:03pm.