Thread: Make The Call
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 21, 2012, 01:39pm
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
We don't do that here. We just make sure there are at least as many players in the book as on the court. Coaches don't initial anything, and there's no point in that. If the coach supplied the correct info to a score keeper who transferred it wrong, are you guys calling the T?

If I'm calling a book T, I don't need the coach's initials to justify it.

Again, though, the T here is for changing numbers, but that doesn't happen in this situation.

And I'm not convinced 10-3-1 applies, either, since the players hadn't actually participated prior to the officials being notified.

First, I should have said prior to the 10 minute mark. My mistake. Second, when we take it over to the coach, it is after the official scorekeeper has transfered all info, and whe the coach has initialed, any mistake found after that and the proper enforcement is applied, the coach can't make a big deal over it. When they initialed it, they confirmed everything was okay.

I didn't quote 10-3-1...I am using 10-1-2...Which says After the 10 minute mark a team shall not require the scorer to change a team members or players number in the scorebook.

Penalty: One foul only per team reardless of the number of infractions. Penalized when it occurs.