View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 18, 2012, 01:59pm
Official Forum Member

Smile 1st OT of the year

Girls Varsity. 1 point game at the half, tied after 3 and tied after 4, we play 4 more minutes.

Pretty good game over all, but in the 3rd quarter, we had 9 fouls in the first minute and a half ( 6-3). Got in the double bonus in the 3rd Q.

With 24 seconds left, tie game. Home brings the ball down and stalls till about 6 seconds left, drives to the basket and I have B1 with illegal use of hands ( hack ), had I missed that, Partner had a block on B2.

1 second left on the clock, 2 shots, A1 makes first, missed 2nd shoot, game over.

I used to be call " New Zebra" here, now in my 12th year, all my old coaching habits are long gone and I am a referee. I wish I had gotten into it sooner. It's more fun than anyone knows.

All you newbies, when your partner tells you to go out and have fun, he is being serious.

I used to think, how can you have fun? I have so much to do, watch the clock, the foul count, enforce the rules, listen to the coach, count 3 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, worry about the shoot clock.

Now I just go out and have fun!