View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 16, 2012, 03:40am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post

Then is no one in charge of and responsible for the behavior of the bench? Does no one get to decide who long a timeout is to be (30 vs 60)? Who has to replace a DQ'd player before the 20 second timer runs out?

There is always a head coach. If the original head coach is ejected, someone else must fill the spot. Whoever that is gets all of the rights and responsibilities of that spot for the remainder of the game...noting that the rights of that spot no longer include the coaching box.

What you're saying is all the way that things are. But where is this found in the rules? Is it stated anywhere that anyone becomes "the head coach" or acts as "the head coach" as opposed to taking over for the now departed head coach? I agree that whoever takes over doesn't get a coaching box, but I've never read that anywhere except here, have I? As for indirects charged to somebody else after an ejection, I can honestly say it has never even crossed my mind, but I'm fairly certain it is not in the books anywhere, either. As a rule, we treat ACs as non-people, so if upon being thrust into the spotlight through none of his own doing, he has no possibility of inheriting all the HC privileges, I'm not sure it's fair to give him all the HC penalties.

Lonesome Dove