View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 06, 2012, 02:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhistle View Post

■ Do not engage in specific play and or ruling evaluation/commentary, whether it be of a game you worked, one that you witnessed or in general about the impact of officials in any sporting event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
As the directive specifically applies to social media, it would not apply to a class or instructional videos.
It does? The directive does not even use "Social Media" in their wording. It says that we should not engage in specific play and or ruling, evaluation/commentary.

I gave a presentation a few weeks ago called, "You make the call" and I went over all video and plays that have either been discussed here or video from games I have officiated. That did involve commentary, rulings and certainly involved specific plays. Even if my state came out and made this statement, I would take issue with them about such a stance. And my state seems to be in violation, because they give all the clinicians a DVD of plays and situations where officials did good and bad things at their State Finals. And the DVDs are to be used at LOAs to train the officiating community on proper mechanics and procedures involving specific situations and giving interpretations.

Peace