View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 04, 2012, 05:25pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Nope.

For the record our rating system is not dependant all only coaches ratings. We have a ratings percentage and at Top 15 Percentage. And officials ratings go into the same equation and can affect your percentages from coaches. We have a 40 point system and ratings from coache/officials are only 5 points and 5 points for the Top 15 rankings of that 40 points. You need other numbers and considerations to be high on that 40. Currently I have as high as a number I can without working a State Final, so there is so much you control and other things you control little. So something I must be doing is working.

Honestly it does not change a single thing I do. I work hard, hustle and do my job. Coaches are going to come and go, but officials will often stay the same. And since the same system applies in all sports, I worked three State Finals by not caring one bit about ratings. And yes I have coaches that do not like me or give me problems and I still got to those levels. I am also doing fine in basketball.

Peace
It is good that coaches only play a small percentage in your overall rating. I would hate to be in a situation where I have to bow down to a coach...I wouldn't do well in a system like that. A funny - kind of - short story: my last game in Mississippi nobody knew I was leaving yet. I give the visiting coach a technical foul for something that was stupid. In the locker room, my partner told me that he said, "You will never work at my school again" after I walked away. Excusing the fact that my partner should have given him his second technical for this, if I would have heard it I would have threw him out of the game. I was leaving and wouldn't work his school anyway!!! The association in Mississippi was OK and the other officials were generally good people, but that is one area I don't miss working in. I still miss the DC area and missed Las Vegas while I was away, but not the "dirty south".