Thread: Say what?
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 03, 2012, 03:33pm
Huck Finn

I would suggest you discuss this in pregame - no matter how many times you work with someone. Know the status of the ball before granting a timeout and know the position for the throw-in before reporting to the table. Every time, the same thing.

I also would not relay any information. If I grant the timeout, I will report the timeout to the table.

Did you have any feeling that things weren't totally right during the entire game? If so, could you have made sure your communication was on point in a situation like this? If those officials aren't as experienced as you, then the assignor may have put you on the game to keep things like this from happening (assuming you work in a system that would allow that). I know I will assign myself or the assistant crew chief as the U2 to give someone else an opportunity to be the R. If something isn't right during the game I'm sure not going to keep quiet because I'm not the R.