Thread: Say what?
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 03, 2012, 01:46pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I agree, but I still make that clear every single time there is a timeout and really make sure when I am the administering official. For one I would be standing in the spot or plane of the spot with the ball. And with 2.5 seconds we would be talking as well to make sure we know who has the last second shot and cover possible situations that need to be shared. And not everyone that works varsity is the best of the best, so I would not assume much of anything. That is also why I asked what did the partner say he/she told the coach. It is possible that they did not tell them the information and the coach assumed something (and they should know better too) rather than knowing the rule. I am just saying this is a perfect example of why you talk to each other so that if anyone is misinformed you can give them the proper information. Heck you can do this multiple times if multiple timeouts are called in the last minute or so.

Peace
I agree, and this is something I'm trying to work on this year as well. I want to be more proactive with communicating throw-in spots after a timeout. Let my partner know before the TO is even reported. Stand at the spot with a neon sign if I have to.