View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 06:55pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
That's interesting. If I saw you hand the player the ball without your arm raised I would wonder why you did that when you weren't ready to go.
While I wouldn't want to put all of my ways on someone else, I think through almost everything and do things with some kind of logical thought.

1. I'm not in a hurry. This process slows things down.
  2. Most of the time I bounce the ball with both hands and then raise my arm.
  3. (heavily opinion based talking about myself) You know how something happens just as you are about to hand the ball to a player that keeps you from handing him/her the ball? It could be a sub, a partner isn't ready or anything that delays the inbounding. Yeah, I will not be that dufus holding his hand up the whole time OR having my hand up, lowering it because of the delay and then putting it back up.
I asked myself a long time ago, "Tom, what is the cleanest way to handle inbounding the ball?" And I answered, "Give the player the ball first, then raise your hand. It will look so much better."