View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
I had an evaluator tell me that you should actually be on the court when administering a a throw in so you get a better angle and view of the play. i agree with most everyone else about being further away is better. I feel like being out on the court can interfere with the play and decrease the view the boundary plane. Anybody else do this or have an opinion?
My reference to "looking clean" was for handing the ball to the inbounding player using the arm closest to him. If I'm standing to his left (he's between me and the lane/basket) I hand the ball with my right hand with left arm raised. Take a couple steps away from the player - staying out of bounds but not too far so I can see the vertical plane of the end line for violations - then put my whistle in mouth and start visible count with left hand after chopping the clock.

That all makes it sound like it's an eternity before my visible begins, but it's all fluid and works well, I think. Some evaluator is probably drooling over his chance to bite into me for that.