View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
He pushed the ball and it hit the floor. That checks all the boxes for a dribble. I still maintain that he didn't throw the ball to a teammate but at one, so that's a missing box for a pass. So it's not a pass but is a dribble. Either way, as you say, not the expected call.

However, somehow I never realized starting the dribble with the pivot foot off the floor is traveling and not an illegal dribble. So that's that learned.
Well the violation would be for picking up the pivot foot before releasing the ball to start a dribble.

As to your argument with regards to throwing to or at, that's a pass to EVERYONE in the game of basketball. There's no way in hell you're going to be able to convince the majority of players, coaches, officials, that a thrown ball, that HITS HIS TEAMMATE, isn't a pass. And if it's me vs. the world in an argument...
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 09:22am.