View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:45pm
Chain of Fools

During my pre-game instructions with the chain crew I will normally ask them to please refrain from calling, texting, or surfing while the game is in progress as we have a job to do. They are usually co-operative although many have the local area scores texted to them from newspaper or other media sources and I can hear them discussing scores from other games so its obvious they are checking their devices.

Players/students sent to me by the coach to work chains for JV games are the worst offenders.

Here is the biggest problem on IHC- if I ever flag the RB who lowers his head going for that last yard, A's coach will either have a stroke or I'll have to have him arrested so the game can continue. You can be as sanctimonious as you want about it but in your heart, you know I am right. The defensive IHC is usually pretty easy.

I voted in favor of limiting BBW to hand to hand snaps. Our state supervisor has told us that a BBW from a two point stance with A in shotgun can not legally take place with the ball still being in the zone. Yet, we have a few officials and many coaches who want to disagree. This would clear that up, at least for us here in NC.