View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 26, 2012, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Interesting to see the spot where a kick from scrimmage comes down proposed as an enforcement spot (in case of foul-IW concurrence), because that one's used in Rugby Union. I've often thought about having the spot where a forward pass is touched or grounded or leaves the field available as an enforcement spot for PI.

I took the survey as a coach from NY, but wasn't sure whether they should count me as affiliated, because we use Fed rules only as a "byproduct" of Fed's ordinary service to their affiliated organiz'ns. We don't use Fed rules intact, but "current Fed...except" rules, and we're not members of a state HS ***'n, so we're not in any direct feedback loop.

On the "major problem" page, there were things that I thought are major problems if they occur, but are not frequent occurrences, so I interpreted "major problem" as requiring frequency. In particular, I would like the scrimmage rules to either newly specify or clarify that attempts by either team to drown out the other team's signals by yelling or noisemaking be treated as disconcerting signals; I've seen this problem reported.