View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 20, 2012, 07:32am
Esteemed Forum Member

Case 10.1.9 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Case 10.1.9
Following a charged time-out Team B is still with their
coach on the sideline when the official sounds the whistle to indicate play will
resume. Four players of B return to the court just in time to play defense as A1
attempts an unsuccessful three-pointer. B1 rebounds and throws a long pass to
B5 who enters the court just in time to catch the pass. RULING: A technical foul
is immediately charged to Team B for failing to have all players return to the court
at approximately the same time following a time-out or intermission. While it is
true the entire team may be off the court while the procedure is being used, once
a team responds, all players must enter the court at approximately the same time.

Note: I've never minded copying, and pasting, for those who may not have a rulebook, or casebook (players, coaches, fans), and for those officials who may be at their computer without their books, but eventually my 2011-12 PDF NFHS rulebook, and casebook, is going to become outdated, and I'm not a great typist (keyboarder). I sure hope that someone else takes over my Forum duties. An esteemed Forum member did offer me their password to use the NFHS Arbiter site, but the new setup was not very conducive to perusing the books. I would share the name of this esteemed member with you, but then I'd have to kill you. Thanks esteemed member.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 07:46am.