Thread: RefPay Feedback
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 13, 2012, 05:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I just check when I know money is coming. I've never had more than $120 or so in there at a time.

I'm not interested in paying their fees for automated transfers.
I did not know that there was a fee for an auto transfer. I was told this by one of my fellow referees this Fall season. So I did some investigating. It appears that there indeed is such a fee and it is about $1.50. Why?

I sign-in and manually do the transfer so there is no fee charged to me as the official. There is of course a fee charged to the paying administrator for generating my paysheet. The highest possible fee at this time is about $2 per paysheet.

I'll add that I have been on both sides of this with RefPay. So I have seen all the fees charged to the paying administrator. I have contacted RefPay and advised them that charging the officials is not in their best interest. Keep the fees on the people who make the payment, not those who receive them. These people don't have an issue with it as it actually saves them money since they do not have to cut a check and mail it, which involves a postage cost as well as the cost of the paper, ink, and envelope, plus the time of the person who must perform these tasks.