View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 12, 2012, 05:48pm
Administrator

Bob Jenkins quoted the NCAA Rule (NCAA R10-S2-A2a, PENALTY) concerning NFHS CBP 3.4.3C. The NCAA Rule is new this school year and specifically defines the Penalty for such a SITUATION. I knew that the NCAA had changed the rule but did not want to muddy the waters regarding the NFHS Casebook Play being discussed because I like the change made in the NCAA Rules.

John Sandlin has posted that his LOA's Interpreter (a former women's D-I official) said that the NFHS CBP 3.4.3C deals only with Administrative TFs and that his StateHSAA and NFHS Headquarters has confirmed his reasoning and that the NFHS is going to "amend" the wording.

The NFHS's attitude is what is frying my tuchus right now!

Dang it! If you want to have the same rule as the NCAA then change the dang rule. DO NOT write a Casebook Play and then make a RULING that cannot be supported by Rule. The NFHS Rules Editor can stand on his head and spit wooden nickels until he is blue in the face but until the Rule is changed the only correct RULING is the Ruling in NFHS CBP 6.4.1F.

John, please PM with you location or email me at DeNucciBasketball (at) Hotmail (dot) com. Thanks.

MTD, Sr.

P.S. I guess I am going to have to take this up directly with the NFHS.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio