Thread: Cheaters!
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 08, 2012, 02:30pm
I Bleed Crimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchamp View Post
Varsity & JV/Freshman chain crews and clock operators here (Southern Nevada) are an auxiliary crew of regular officials. In fact, usually when we have a Thursday night JV/Freshman double-header, we just swap out crews between the two games.
We have regulars who are locals, except in the one cheating case. We've even had to grab people out of the stands because the chain crew failed to show up. I wish we had enough officials to assign officials to chains. And even if we did, I wish we had the funds to afford to send them to the games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchamp View Post
After everything was set, the LTG stake holder started pulling the rear stake really subtle-like, which normally wouldn't have been noticed, except that my crew also likes to spot balls right on the 5-yard lines whenever it's close and practical. When we start second down and the LTG has moved 6 feet from the 5-yard mark where he started, the problem is quite obvious.
We do the same. We try to start each series on a yard line, and all drives on a major line. In the case where we caught the cheating, we had the case where we spotted the ball on a new drive on a major line. After an incomplete pass, our U noticed the box was behind the line. He scratched his head and decided to keep an eye on it. Sure enough, every time we started a new series, the box was behind the spot on the field.