View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 06, 2012, 01:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallfouls View Post
So if you T a coach, you are ok with a partner going over to the coach to smooth things over?

Are you saying that if your partner "sees what appears to be an obvious foul (gets hammered)" that you passed/missed that it is ok for them not to call it either and later say that you did "not finish the game"?

Are you saying that if someone accused you of not ref'ing to the end when you thought you did what was right for the game that you would just let it slide? If I miss a call that needs to be made, I have no problem with a partner that makes a crew saving call. Maybe OP was in coast mode? The OP calls it a hammer (from his perspective, a long way) and then goes on to say he trusts his partner to the coach. If that is the case, two wrongs don't make it right. If I was the coach, I want to know why the OP didn't come in and make the call. Most coaches don't give a crap who calls it as long as it gets called.

If my partner says they aren't calling a foul, that's their business. If it is a foul that needs to be called, you can bet I will get it. I won't sit there and imply that my partner quit on the game. I would have told my partner that I think that was one that WE need to make sure we get and the coach probably had a right to be upset.
Wow... you put a lot of words in my mouth that I didn't say, and then ripped me for saying them. You must be a politician by trade.

You said: "I might be in the minority here, but I really think you need to stay away from "cooling off" the coach and saying you think he did not referee til the end. If you had been my partner we probably would have had a "discussion" about that.

If you want to disagree with the no-call, that's fine but you did not have the same look.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that it was an obvious foul that needed to be called, then blow your whistle and call it.

If you are going to throw your partner under the bus, fix things with the coach, and then say that you thought he didn't finish the game, you are no better than your partner and are riding in the same boat.

You said it was a foul, then come in with a crew call, that way you only big time the guy once. "

I agree with your first paragraph. the rest, you're complaining about stuff that didn't happen in the OP and was never said. Did he say he wanted to throw his partner under the bus? No. Pretty much the rest of your post was a mess.

West Houston Mike