View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 29, 2012, 10:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyKatsFan View Post
APG: What is the reference for this interpretation that states that team A player would have to wait for the ball to hit in the backcourt? Are you referring to something other than NFHS books? I'm not arguing, just interested.
Before I have to explain this one to a coach, I want to be able to quote chapter/verse. I was buying the party line until I couldn't find it in the casebook. I like the A-A-A analogy: If team A had team control in frontcourt, team A last touched the ball in the frontcour, and team A is first to touch in backcourt, then violation. If any one of those 3 As is a Bs, no violation. However, if there is a casebook play that contradicts this, please share.
I'm specifically referencing NFHS 12-13 books but would also like to know the reference if in another publication.
There was a "SITUATION" posted by the NFHS a couple years ago that, in opposition to the rulebook and against how 99.9% of the basketball world understood the rule, says exactly what APG has noted.

That SITUATION is fundamentally flawed and can't be made to be true by even the most creative twisting of the words of the rule.