View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 26, 2012, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopachunts View Post
Not moving, head stays still. The other hand stays on my other knee. Normally the only time I tuck an arm is if the pitch has hit the ground and I can see that F2 is not going to be able to catch it.

I use the Davis stance to keep from getting tired during a game and to to be consistant in my positioning.
All I will say is, I use the Davis as well, and once I am locked in I do not move. There is a chance of getting hit by a pitch, there always is, but I get hit a lot less now that I don't move. Setting up properly in the slot and keeping all the protective gear facing forward helps a lot.

And, Rut you are correct. A lot has to do with confidence in the catcher. Also, as you gain experience, you tend to work with catchers who are better at what they do. The challenge is to not develop bad flinching or movement problems at the lower levels because you might never move up and get to work behind confident catchers.

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.