View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 11, 2000, 04:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ronjay42
It appears to me that whining is as contagious as the common cold. First issue is concerning a head coach of the varsity who is parading around as if he is the school administrator and mediator for his freshman and JV coach when their begging goes on deaf ears. Should I have ejected him from the gym because he was very unethical and disrespectful. Threats were made to me dealing with reporting me to the assignment official and I told him to spell my name right. The same person has been reported for ref bashing at 2 other school programs by the way over the last 5 years. This bothers me a bit that I didn't report him immediately. And fans that constantly heckle ignorant of the rules and not in position to be right with an opinion. Can fans be ejected for being to opinionated?
For the most part, just ignore fans. Who cares what they think because what difference in the end does it really make? They think all officials are stupid, dumb and blind. They do not have the guts to do it themselves. They only care about whether "johnny" is doing well and his/her team. Fans believe that you just come out of the stands, someone gives you a striped shirt and a whistle and you go out there. Who cares what they think!!!! Most of them if they had the chance would not even come up to you and say anything, because that might mean they have to make an intelligent thought. If you have a good game management person, let them take care of all those idiots. It is in their interest to do so, because the game is hurt by not having officials on the court. It is in their interest to have a safe environment for officials, or officials will not want to come back!!!