View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 20, 2012, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Because it is the association/assignor's business expense, not mine. The assignor already gets paid by me (8% of my salary) to assign me games and the association already gets a registration fee from me that covers my tangible administrative costs. BTW, in my association officials only pay the $5 per seat cost if they register after the set deadline.

So obviously there are some assignors/associations that agree with my stance that the MEMBERSHIP (not employees or soldiers) should not be burdened with the normal operating costs of Arbiter.
Those assignors/association just increase their percentage or membership dues to cover additional expenses (or reduce the game fees and have the schools pay for it). The fact that some list it as a separate item still doesn't change anything. I suppose you'd rather they just take an addition % out of each game...but that would make those that work a lot of games pay more for it for those that work few games. If you don't have membership dues that could include it, a flat fee for something that is a flat cost/official expense is the fairest way to do it.

Still, no matter how you slice the pie, it comes out the same.