View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 20, 2012, 04:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
In your world are we allowed to care why we are forking over $5 per official for an association/assignor tool?

I thought you said integrity doesn't play a part in this? Now you are saying how does one know what the hidden expenses are. Make up your mind.

Again I ask, why should the officials bear the burden or the association tool? The assignor makes that money back the very first game assigned to each official through the 8-10% assignor's fee. The assignor is making a healthy profit assigning games why can't it be an business expense for him/her or the association itself. Yet to see that answer.
There is no question of integrity here. I didn't say things should be done with no integrity. I am not sure how you think there is an integrity issue unless you're suggesting they're telling you that it costs them X but it really only costs them a much smaller amount.

The assignor has a cost that he's passing on. You may not like it. You may disagree with it. You're an independent contractor and don't have to sign up for the games.

How the money is itemized doesn't really matter. All you are really arguing for is a increase in pay (decrease in the assignors pay). It is nothing more than a red herring to quibble over how the total dollars are divided into categories. If the percentage were just a bit higher and they didn't itemize that one item, would it be an issue?

Why should the assignor take a deduction in pay any more than you?