View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 19, 2012, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
Does not say "can't play during live action. Period."

I quoted the rule. Did you really miss that? Also, where is the reference to UIL rules that you asserted?

This bothers me tremendously because you, as a Texas official, are incorrectly asserting rule references. I'm not trying to pick a fight, just wanting to know where you are getting your information.
Fair enough, I broad brushed it here too much. And I'm looking for the line on the UIL site that reiterates this (it's not an exception). Haven't found that yet.

Replying to the "music" part above... the band was not playing music the first time the official told them to cut it out. They were blurting random noises as the opposing team was huddled and calling out it's snap count (according to a linesman working this game). Pretty much exactly what this rule is meant to prevent.

The SECOND time - the one that drew a flag - was music, but they'd been told simply not to play while the other team's offense was getting ready. Seems (to me) from what I'm being told that the band guy was pushing things on purpose.

West Houston Mike