View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 18, 2012, 05:45pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Do The Math ...

Our local board pays a salary of $26,250.00, the number one expense out of our general fund, to our assignment commissioner. This is paid out of our general fund, with the greatest receipts in our general fund coming from our membership dues ($125.00 each member, total dues of $40,625.00 ) and our assignment fees (7% of earnings which generates $35,000.00 to our general fund). Schools only directly pay officials, no money goes from the schools directly to our assignment commissioner.

You couldn't pay me enough to assign games for our local board, even using the Arbiter software. Our assignment commissioner is a class act, is fair, works his butt off, and does a great job. 325 officials. 70 high schools. Boys, girls, varsity, junior varsity, freshman. A couple of dozen middle schools. Twenty game seasons for varsity teams. League playoffs. Schedule changes. Snowouts. Sick officials. Injured officials. Officials that limit, or change, their availability. Local board guidelines to follow for assignments regarding the number, and level, of games that each official is entitled to get assigned based on each official's ratings, and ranking (not an easy job). No thank you. Just give me a ball to toss for jump balls. I don't need, or require, any additional aggravation.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Oct 18, 2012 at 06:10pm.