View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 18, 2012, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy341a View Post
I thought that we were not supposed to touch the players during a fight? Should we physically seperate them or mearly try to get between them or ?
I'm not going to grab players and restrain them but I'm not afraid to get between them so they have to go through me to get to the other player.

If they're not yet "engaged", I've gone in with my arms between them creating a wedge and even pushing them away from each other in the process. (This may not be advisable with girls).

The last time I did that, I actually saved one player from being penalized at all. It was a one-sided fight where one player, who had been a troublemaker already, got in an opponents face and started yelling at him and shoving him. The second player didn't respond other than trying to remain standing. I pushed the second, innocent player out of harms way to intercept the troublemaker. Since he was off balance from the push by the troublemaker, he actually fell after I shoved him back. We tossed the troublemaker and had no penalty for the other. The coach of the kid that was shoved thanked me for getting between them and getting his kid out of it even if I did push him. He knew that my actions prevented a bigger problem.