View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 12, 2012, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsetter View Post
...Andy,
As your R2, any unusually contact that I have a very good view of, I would look at you to see if you glanced at me, I would have a discrete signal for you to ignore or take if you wanted it, or I like a slight head nod for play on. Hopefully there would be very few of these in the match. And I would think that a good R2 could adjust to the standards of the R1....
This is what I would prefer as an R1.....If I see something that I was not sure of due to angle or body position of the player, I would take a quick look at my R2. If s/he have a discreet signal in front of and close in to your body, I will take it, if not, we keep playing. I agree that I would not expect very many of these during the match.

When I am R2, if I see something that I feel should be called ball handling wise, I will give the discreet signal for a second, it's up to my R1 to take it or not...either way makes no difference to me. I will also say that as an R2, I try very hard to concentrate on my area of responsibility and there are very few instances where I would even have a good look at a ball handling fault.

Last edited by Andy; Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 03:24pm.