View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 06, 2012, 03:21pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceholleran View Post
I just watched the replay (again!), and I maintain R2 was only about 1/3 of the way to 3B.

Amazing how the pundits take it for granted that--without this call--the Braves would have gone on to a stellar inning.

About THIS hypothetical. Kozma camps out, Holliday peels off, no IF is called, Kozma lets it drop and gets the force at 3B. Now the Braves would be SCREAMING for the IF to be called.

Plus, this ballsy, gutsy call is the lead story by many wags. Forget the Braves' errors, leaving men on base, et al.
Okay so the runner gets thrown out at 3rd. Infield fly or not you still have runners at 1st and 2nd with an out made on the play. Why would Braves fans been screaming for the IFF?

Ballsy, gutsy not hardly. Kozma peeled off, and Holliday was almost on the warning track when the ball was hit.

Holbrooke bailed St. Louis out for their lack of communication, or whatever it was.

I was shocked. I was shocked I tell ya, when it was announced that an infield fly had been called.

Those that harken for the abilities of MLB players to make this play easily, apparantly didn't compensate for their mental ablities to actually know how to properly execute said play, or the umpire to do the same in the botched situation.

I wasn't discussing who, or who didn't win. You brooched the subject. If the call was so ordinary, why are we even having a discussion?