View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 04, 2012, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
How about that finish in the AL West? The A's came from 13 games back at one point and after the last day, stand alone on top.
If only it was covered in the media with the same fervor as last year's Chicken and Beer fiasco. Texas has pretty much gotten a pass nationally for the last month, although now there will be plenty of "Huh?? What happened?" analysis.

I'm actually really looking forward to these one-game play-ins tomorrow. While on a philosophical basis, I'm against diluting the field of playoff teams, I'm glad that they've come up with a way to reward the division winners. It should be harder for the wild cards to advance in the playoffs.

And I would also love to see an O's/Nats World Series.

BTW, can anybody believe what Dan Duquette -- former Boston GM, and then out of baseball completely for about 10 years -- has done with the O's. I'm amazed that he's been successful after being away from the game for so long. I'm sure he wasn't completely cut off from baseball information, but still. . .