View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 04, 2012, 12:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
New editorial changes this year:

Next, here's the addition to Rule 2-2-4 NOTE: "State associations may intercede in the event of unusual incidents that occur before, during or after the officials' jurisdiction has ended or in the event that a contest is terminated prior to the conclusion of regulation play."

What exactly is this referring to? How would a state association intercede in a game that is in progress? I guess maybe I can see if it's a state playoff game and a member of the state association is on site, and there's a question of eligibility or something? Is a state association now allowed to overrule an official's ruling during a contest?

If a referee forfeits a game, is this saying that the state association is allowed to negate the forfeit and allow the teams to complete the game? If so, my guess is that the state associations weren't waiting for the Fed's approval.

Does anybody know if there was some particular incident that made somebody think this was a needed editorial change?

I have to say that I'm shocked at how amateurish the rule and editorial changes have been handled over the last two years. It's really sad
A few years ago a football game in W.V. ended with a fight. Officials discussed the identity of players involved for ejection report in the locker room. They discovered new players, not identified on the field, who should've been DQ'd. Created a big hassle and thus language in all rule books. It allows for remedy of unusual events that occur B, D, After the game. Not that the state association can come in during a game and 'fix' things.

Last edited by ODJ; Thu Oct 04, 2012 at 12:37am.