View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 27, 2012, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
I did not think, from what we've seen, that the ball hitting the runner could possibly be in the umpire's mind, especially after the circle-around signal, whatever that was. I'm not in the "stop everything, discuss everything, get every call right at all costs" crowd - far from it.

But if you have a strong idea that a rule has been misinterpreted (rule ... not judgement), you MUST address it.
Then, you better be damn sure of yourself. And, be prepared for the fall out with your partner for not respecting his area. If you think that, give a look and hope he sees it. But, if he doesn't, nothing to address until the team addresses it themselves.

And, you better also be damn sure it had nothing to do with judgment before even thinking about it. I still say it is his call until he asks for help on it. Don't approach him at all since you don't know why the call was made until it is explained.