View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 27, 2012, 12:24am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
You give Gruden too much credit for this one play. I'd venture to say that if this play was shown without any commentary, public opinion would not change. The public (inlcuding I per AR 8.28 and 8.29 and never actually believing that Tate had control of the ball before the DB) would still believe this is an interception/touchback.
Not to say that Gruden would change everyone's opinion, but believe it or not, the public tends to believe these guys more than they should about rules. People think because someone played or coached they know rules. If Gruden would have said this was a great call when the game was over and ranted about it for 20 minutes, I think a great deal of this issue would have been seen as different, at least from the ESPN point of view. ESPN had the highest ratings in a very long time after a game and this controversy kept that alive. I am not going to give him all the credit, but a lot of people seem to think these guys know things they clearly do not know. I wish I had a dollar for everytime some stupid fan makes some comment in basketball at least about "Did you play the game...." mess I would be rich. Fans are just plain stupid and they do not know how stupid they are, which is sad.

Peace