View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 25, 2012, 02:39pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLH17 View Post
I didn't say "closer is better", rather, move "purposefully in that direction". And, I agree that standing on top of the play is rarely better. Being too close removes angle and perspective. That said, the BJ did end up in the back pocket of the play (which may have been warranted). My question is: why wouldn't he be moving purposefully in the direction of the play as soon as he saw the ball going that direction? I don't know if he should be according to NFL officiating mechanics, so I'd like to know why if he isn't to be moving that direction at that time. Seems like better perspective would give opportunity to present better information to the calling official that signaled TD. Am I way off with that line of reasoning?

edit: I just looked at the youtube vid of the play again. The BJ is breaking, rather quickly I might add, to be in position to rule and/or give info. Nicley done.
This still does not tell me what he should have done differently? Now I do not know if NFL mechanics are so drastically different than CCA Mechanics, but I see nothing he should have done differently. I was told to stay in the middle and even at some point stop to give yourself a still place to view the play. He never stops, but tries to help and all I am saying is that just seems nitpicky to say he was not moving with a purpose (before your edit). He should not be sprinting.

Peace