View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 25, 2012, 09:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLin NC View Post
I do know this. The current officials have all called, for the most part, at a higher level than I'll ever see. I don't have much room or experience to question them.

I understand the business issues at hand. I understand the NFL officials don't want to lose at the bargaining table. It is obvious that the flow of the pro games are inhibited at this point. I don't think it is bad enough to make me want to stop watching.
Sure - they are better than almost all of us here, and they are doing their best.

Point is, though, that despite the blatantly obvious difference in quality here, the NFL and the owners insist that it's "ok". We, as fans, have made it apparent that no matter what the owners do to us, as fans, we will take it. We will pay full price for 2 pre-season games. We will pay 40 grand for the RIGHT to buy tickets from them. So they know that WE will do nothing, even though the product is severely inferior.

And yes, it seems like if just a few of us don't watch, it is a eye-dropper in the ocean... but the more that don't watch, the better the chances of others joining in and not watching.

West Houston Mike