View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 29, 2003, 07:56am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
It sounds like you are saying that the runner was safe at 1st because of reaching the base before the tag, not the tag was missed. Personally, with that much uproar, I might have asked for help even if the coach didn't. Per oppool "if he informs me I blew the call then we change it". The two plays from last year that still bother me would have been corrected if I did that. Also, in this case, it would be great if the PU stood and stared at you for a moment to give you a hint.

Not to disagree with what you did as I wasn't there, but as food for thought, how about a difference in positioning?
If a BU starts in B and goes to 2nd because of no play at 1st, can the BU go behind R1 and cut inside the baseline? That would have put the BU at an angle to the tag play at 1st instead of being straightlined, especially if far enough from 2nd to observe all the involved players (R1,R2,F6,F1, F4 even F3) and still be out of the way of the throw from F1 to 2nd. Also, that probably would give a better angle for the play at 2nd.