View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 25, 2012, 02:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You did not read your own example. It said that player A gained possession on the ground first. You quoted the Accepted Ruling not me. The ground is apart of this equation, not who has control in the air. That is all I am saying to you. And in the NFL there is more required to have a catch than at the NCAA or NF level.

Peace
I'll post again since you are not reading the play correctly...

A.R. 8.28 NOT A SIMULTANEOUS CATCH First-and-10 on A20. A2 controls a pass in the air at the A40. B3 then also gets control of the ball before they land. As they land, A2 and B3 fall down to the ground. Ruling: A’s ball, first-and-10 on A40. Not a simultaneous catch as A2 gains control first and retains control.

A.R. 8.29 NOT A SIMULTANEOUS CATCH First-and-10 on A20. B3 controls a pass in the air at the A40 before A2, who then also controls the ball before they land. As they land, A2 and B3 fall down to the ground. Ruling: B’s ball, first-and-10 on A40. Not a simultaneous catch as B3 gains control first and retains control

In both plays possession is gained in the air. In the first play "a2 controls a pass in the air" and then B3 gets control " before they land." As they land they fall to the ground...A ball and NOT a simultaneous catch.

The second play is worded the same except B3 gets the ball first.

I know its hard for you comprehend what I found in the NFL case book, but those arguing that the play should be an interception are correct under the second case play. And BY RULE, they would be correct.