View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 20, 2012, 09:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Nothing to get over, sir. And no offense intended. You quoted a rule that does not apply, then when questioned on it, implied you would use that inapplicable rule in the situation at hand. Sounds like rule inventing to me, but I'm open to hear your explanation (hopefully an actual explanation rather than a flippant response). I STILL say it's not a foul. Not as described in the OP.
You would have to call something here. If he is able to get past all of the officials and make it to the other sideline, you absolutely have to flag him. You have to put him on notice that his blatent disregard for our authority won't be accepted. This guy is proably the type of guy who always thinks the rules don't apply to him, and by putting this in the memory bank you have done a disservice to every official in the chapter for which you work. Also a flag for this action may potentially keep him in check for future situations, If not then he should become accoustomed to being flagged for unsporting actions.