View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 19, 2012, 04:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
You'd think that even a D3 or HS official would understand professionalism. I'm sure this guy just thought he was trying to be funny, but what this shows me is an official who is a bit starstruck by the guys around him and unable to know how to interact with these players.
We must keep in mind that not everyone has the same standards to work D3 across the country and even if they do, you have guys that probably have a hard time understaning the high school game first, like in my area. I am not totally surprised by this, but just a little surprised that the guy thought that kind of comment would not get out. Anything you say to a player will get back to someone. We had a guy in our area make a racial slur to a kid and it went all over the place and even national. When you did not have to get to the place the same road that others do, this kind of things is actually to be expected. A D1 official who would likely be a rookie in the NFL would know you cannot do these kinds of things and it not hurt your situation.

Peace