View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 13, 2012, 01:29am
Official Forum Member

I saved the Manny

I was dumping one of my old desktops and came across this in a wordpad file.

I think it might have been from the 90's.......I don't know.....but I will not crash the hard drive until I have looked at everything. ****......I might have some stuff from the late 80's......I doubt it though. I did move stuff to every computer from about 1992 though........

Joel

I will probably find some bits of wisdom from Mike and Steve and maybe a few others in there. Internet and computers are forever baby........lol

Why I do this
I have no ambitions of greatness, no grand desires to umpire at the highest level of the game. I do this for the kids.
I do this to watch 7 and 8 year olds try to hit that danged ball coming out of the pitching machine, and catch it after one of their opponents is successful.
I do this to watch 9 year olds learn how to pitch for the very first time.
I do this to watch 10 year olds start picking up those finer things that make them better ball players.
I do this to watch 11s and 12s REALLY start playing the game the way it was meant to be played and try to guess which ones are going to go far.
I do this to watch 13s and 14s to FINALLY graduate to the big diamond...and see them play like those 7s and 8s all over again.
I do this so that all those kids play safely and fairly by the rules.
Manny Aponte

Last edited by Gulf Coast Blue; Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 01:34am.