View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 10, 2012, 02:03pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I Am Curious Yellow ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Backing off some of those unneeded rules. I guarantee you if I had to show up for 5:50PM to watch the entire JV game ...
I can guarantee that the "custom" of a varsity official showing up for the second period of the junior varsity game will never change (Note: It has never been a requirement to show up for the entire junior varsity game, although many of us do so voluntarily). Varsity officials are expected to evaluate, critique, and rate, subvarsity officials. That's how subvarsity officials improve, and move up the ranks, or in some cases, always remain subvarsity officials, even getting really bad subvarsity schedules. That's the basis of our local rating, and ranking, system, which dictates the level, and number, of games one is assigned.

Rich: I really didn't want this thread to go in this direction, but I'm curious. Outside of showing up, or staying, to watch the other end of the doubleheader, what other "customs" do you find unneeded (confirm games, business casual, proper uniforms, not showing up in uniform, not leaving in uniform, leavng site together, etc.)? I'm not looking to start a debate here (to each his own), I'm just curious.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Sep 10, 2012 at 02:08pm.