View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 10, 2012, 11:13am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Anybody have any local customs regarding confirming games, or leaving the site together.

I don't drive away until I see my partner's headlights go on after he starts his car. Then I watch my rear view mirror to make sure he gets off to a good start. That's how I was taught over thirty years ago. Of course, that was before the cell phone was invented.
We are supposed to confirm the games, but it is really up to each individual how they do this specifically.

Our state has every school number and Athletic Office Personnel listed. I tend to call the Administrative Assistant for each school as they are easier to get in contact with than the AD. Athletic Directors tend to be faculty members that either teach or have other responsibilities, so I want to speak to the Administrative Assistant as they have everything in front of them and can tell any official what they need to know about attending a game. I do not like email as email tends to get answered in someone's own time. I also like to call the AA the day before or the day of based on the weather or other factors that could influence game situations.

Peace