View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 27, 2003, 07:56am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down Re: Obviously a strike.....

Quote:
Originally posted by clok_strix_3
I totally agree with the official's call to begin calling strikes.

If the official warned the teams before the game to not wear jewelry, then that was their first and last warning.

When the batter entered the batter's box, she was in violation of the rule of not wearing jewelry. When the umpire asked her to remove the jewelry, she was in the parameter of delay of game which to the umpire's discretion may begin calling strikes. As for calling an out, it is also to the umpire's discretion to call it such a way. When the batter is not in his/her batter's box and the official has said "Play" or point to the pitcher, the umpire will begin calling strikes even if the batter is not there.

I definitely agree with this official. He warned both teams before hand and was simply doing his job and following league rules as an umpire.

roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~`
Bull crap! Rules interps are acceptable, don't get me wrong here. I do not work softball. But how much of a ****house do you wanna create calling this?!! I've got 10 years of "no jewelry" rules, from 9's to PONY regionals, I have NEVER called a strike for player who delays a few seconds to get the jewelry off timely. Chicken**** call. Oh, I gotta go pick some boogers......